Pre-2010 A.D. Battle of the Books
Here is a complete list of former Suffolk County Advanced Division Battle of the Books titles from the program's inception in 2006 through 2009.
- The Astonishing Adventures of Fanboy and Goth Girl by Barry Lyga: A fifteen-year-old "geek" who keeps a list of the high school jocks and others who torment him, and pours his energy into creating a great graphic novel, encounters Kyra, Goth Girl, who helps change his outlook on almost everything, including himself.
- The Body of Christopher Creed by Carol Plum-Ucci: Torey Adams, a high school junior with a seemingly perfect life, struggles with doubts and questions surrounding the mysterious disappearance of the class outcast.
- Dairy Queen by Catherine Gilbert Murdock: After spending her summer running the family farm and training the quarterback for her school's rival football team, sixteen-year-old D.J. decides to go out for the sport herself, not anticipating the reactions of those around her.
- Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin: After fifteen-year-old Liz Hall is hit by a taxi and killed, she finds herself in a place that is both like and unlike Earth, where she must adjust to her new status and figure out how to "live".
- Sleeping Freshmen Never Lie by David Lubar: While navigating his first year of high school and awaiting the birth of his new baby brother, Scott loses old friends and gains some unlikely new ones as he hones his skills as a writer.
- Black and White by Paul Volponi: Two star high school basketball players, one black and one white, experience the justice system differently after committing a crime together and getting caught.
- A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray: After the suspicious death of her mother in 1895, sixteen-year-old Gemma returns to England, after many years in India, to attend a finishing school where she becomes aware of her magical powers and ability to see into the spirit world.
- Fat Kid Rules the World by K. L. Going: Seventeen-year-old Troy, depressed, suicidal, and weighing nearly 300 pounds, gets a new perspective on life when a homeless teenager who is a genius on guitar wants Troy to be the drummer in his rock band.
- Son of the Mob by Gordon Korman: Seventeen-year-old Vince's life is constantly complicated by the fact that he is the son of a powerful Mafia boss, a relationship that threatens to destroy his romance with the daughter of an FBI agent.
- Airborn by Kenneth Oppel: Matt, a young cabin boy aboard an airship, and Kate, a wealthy young girl traveling with her chaperone, team up to search for the existence of mysterious winged creatures reportedly living hundreds of feet above the Earth's surface.
- Love Among the Walnuts by Jean Ferris: Born and raised in isolation in a wealthy, eccentric family, Sandy is shocked when he, his parents, and their servants become victims of a vicious plot by his greedy uncles to incapacitate them and take their money.